BIG SEVEN TRACK MEN HOLD MEET IN MAY AT PRINCETON

Plans Feasible Since No Conflict With Annual Classics Will Occur for Next Five Years

A step in the establishment of a Big Seven Conference in the East, comparable to the Big Ten of the Middle West, was taken over the weekend by representatives of Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, Princeton, Pennsylvania, Cornell, and Columbia, who met and decided to hold a track and field meet on May 11, 1935, at Princeton.

The meeting of the representatives took place during the recent I.C.4A meet in Philadelphia and the decision was made subject to the approval of the respective athletic committees.

All of the seven colleges that have linked themselves with the new enterprise are members of both the Intercollegiate Baseball League and the Intercollegiate Basketball League. By adding track to the other sport in which the institutions compete together, many people feel that it is an indication that some day there will also be an Eastern Intercollegiate Football League.

The colleges can add this track meet to their list without sacrificing any of their annual dual meets because five Saturdays are available for track and field competition in May. The addition of the meet will leave the schedule for Harvard as follows: G.B.I. Meet, April 28; Princeton at Cambridge, May 4: Dartmouth at Cambridge, May 18; Yale at New Haven, May 25; I.C.4A at Cambridge, May 31-June 1.

An indication that collaboration among the colleges will continue for some time is the announcement that "for the next five years there are open dates in May." Already the Committee on Arrangements, headed by James Swarz of Pennsylvania, has planned a tentative meet for New Haven in 1936.