DEAN COOLIDGE TO RESIGN THIS JUNE

Was Very Prominent in Undergraduate Activities in College--Will Return to Study of Law

Lawrence Coolidge '27, Assistant Dean in charge of Sophomores and dropped Freshmen, is resigning to resume the study of law which he started in the academic year of 1927-28, it was announced last night. His resignation will take place in June.

A graduate or Groton where he played on the football team, Coolidge took the full four year course at Harvard and in addition studied for a half year at the University of Arizona. He was a member of the football squad and rowed on the 150-pound crew during his Freshman year. In 1924-25 he gained a position on the University 150-pound boat. In the following year he was a member of the University crew squad. While in college he was Phillips Brooks House Librarian, a member of the Cercle Francais, of the Mountaineering Club, and of various social clubs.

In 1927 Coolidge graduated from Harvard with a degree of cum laude in History and Literature. He entered law school in the fall of that year and was a proctor in Standish Hall. In September he was appointed Assistant Dean and was the first Dean of Sophomores to have in charge dropped Freshmen. This year he has been Head Proctor of Standish Hall, which position he will give up at the end of the year.

Coolidge is the third of the assistant deans to resign this year, the others being Mitchell Gratwick '22 and W. I. Nichols '26. All these men will, however, continue in their present offices until the close of the academic year.

According to Coolidge, the name of his successor will not be made known until September.