E. R. C. Need Not Go to Devens; May Stay in Houses Till Called

All Men Will Enter By Home Command

To work out the kinks and put the ERC plan into rapid motion, Army authorities in Boston announced yesterday that all members of the Reserve who will receive their orders in the near future will be shifted to their home Service Commands. This new ruling directly contradicts Monday's statement that all Harvard men would be sent to Fort Devens.

Informal word was received at the same time that fears that the plan would meet with more delay were unfounded, at this time. Officers of the First Service Command are already making out orders and some will be ready for mailing by the first of next week.

The killing of the Ft. Devens clause, one of the most startling sections of Monday's announcement, was caused by the confusion and the problems it raised for students and University authorities. Men living far from Cambridge would be forced to make two long trips in order to go home, or the University would have to house them until they are called.

Now men can go home and be called from there. If they prefer, however, they can have their orders transfered to their College address and the First Service Command. They must file such requests immediately at the War Service Information Bureau at Little Hall.

All men not asking for a transfer will have their orders sent to their home addresses which are on their enlistment papers. Elliott Perkins, director of the Bureau, emphasized that each man is responsible for the correctness of this address.

Men living in the First Service Command will have their orders handled through the WSIB. It is their duty to see that the Bureau has the correct address. If not otherwise notified, orders will be sent to the College address.

As arrangements now stand, all ERC members will obtain "two weeks warning" with their orders. Only category the fate of which is still unsettled is the Engineering group. It may include Physics concentrators, chemists, architects.