FESLER GREETS CAGERS TO OPEN 1935 SEASON

FRESHMEN, ALSO AMONG 75 MEN OUT, START MONDAY

Facing a turnout of 75 candidates, Freshmen and Varsity, including all but one of eight available lettermen and an entire 1938 Freshman team, Coach Wesley Fesler officially launched the basketball season at the Varsity Club last night.

In his opening speech Fesler particularly stressed the need for everyone to show maximum interest because with a continuation of the consistent improvement of play in the past two years, recognition of basketball as a major sport can be only a short way off.

Captain White Speaks

Other speakers included Captain Leavitt S. White '87, Charles Kollinites '35, who will coach the Junior Varsity, and until the end of the football season and the return of Fesler from the gridiron, will be in direct charge of the Varsity.

The first practice session will be held at the new Athletic Building at 5 o'clock tomorrow for the Varsity, while the Freshmen open work Monday.

This year's team is faced with one of the most ambitious schedules ever attempted by a Harvard basketball team. In addition to a 17 game schedule which includes 12 Eastern Intercollegiate League contests, the Fesler-men will invade the Middle West during the Christmas holidays, meeting Toledo University, Wittenberg, and Ohio State.

At present the head coach will be able to devote only about fifteen minutes a day to his basketballers.