Guardian Follows Policy of Crimson Toward Tutoring

Suggests a Campaign Committee; Other Publications Are Not Yet Heard From

The Guardian yesterday beams the third University publication to enter the campaign against tutoring schools inaugurated ten days ago by the CRIMSON.

President Enno R. Hobbing '40, in a statement yesterday afternoon, made the suggestion that an undergraduate committee be established in order to "gather support for the campaign and to define its course of action."

No Tutoring School Ads

"As the first step the Guardian will accept no advertising from the tutoring schools," Hobbing announced, after promising that the social-sciences' magazine "will employ all means at its disposal to cooperate with the CRIMSON in abolishing the tutoring school evil."

"Tutoring schools have standards and practices of such a nature that they can be of no assistance in the process of real education," the statement continued. "They impede the correction of individual weaknesses and they hinder the correction of any faults within the University's teaching system."

Follows Advocate's Decision

The Guardian's decision to enter the campaign followed that of the Advocate Thursday. Both the CRIMSON and the Advocate are also pledged to a policy of accepting no advertisements from the tutoring schools which cater to University students.

No report has been heard from the three remaining student publications to which the CRIMSON sent letters, at the beginning of the campaign asking them to cooperate.

The CRIMSON took to a similar step on April 18 in a front page editorial.