He Who Knows

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse-opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld:)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

May I sympathize with your fair-minded attitude regarding the three Germans and the War-Memorial. As time goes on hysteria decreases and a non-partisan common sense returns. Yes, many people in this country including leading historians of this University and other authorities "have sunk so low" as to entertain considerable doubt as to who-started the war. As your editorial aptly pointed out the German students did their duty as they saw it and what will posterity think of a partisan god or an insinuation that one side held a self-righteous position.

By all means place the three Germans apart from the others if you will, in the Memorial but to exclude them would be an injustice. My nearest relative was lost in the war but I don't hesitate to say he would promptly support my opinion.

Bigoted attempts to brand war guilt on one party are gradually disappearing and the sooner that Chauvinism and 100 percent Americanism disappear with it, the better. Rene C. Champollion '32.