Indoor Baseball Games Monday Opened Winter Nine-Sport Inter-House Program

Basketball Swimming and Hockey Included on List Announced

Dunster's 6 to 5 win over Leverett and Dudley's 2 to 1 victory over Eliot Monday afternoon officially marked the opening of a full schedule of nine sports this winter, according to Adolph W. Samborski '25, director of Intramural Athletics.

In addition to indoor baseball this year, upperclassmen will be able to compete in any of eight other intramural sports including basketball, boxing, fencing, hockey, squash, swimming, track, and wrestling.

Samborski also stated that nine hockey teams will begin the season next Monday and will continue to play four games on each of eight following Mondays until the game with the winning Yale College team on March 8. Each of the four games, which will last from 7 to 11:30 o'clock, will consist of three 10-minute periods.

Also next Monday, 35 squash teams in four leagues will officially usher in the winter season, while the following day will see the inauguration of the basketball season.

Upperclass aquatic aspirants will have two triangular inter-House swimming meets on December 12 and again two days later on December 14 and more meets after the Christmas vacation. The extent of the indoor track season will be limited to an all-inclusive meet on February 16.

Boxing, fencing, and swimming championships will all be held in the latter part of February. The definite dates will be announced later.

In the fall season just finished, Winthrop won the football competition and Lowell ran off with touch football and track championships.