NO DIFFICULTY AS YET IN LEASING OF EXPENSIVE ROOMS

All 1935 Applications Will Be Acted On by Next Week-Many Changes Will Be Necessary

There has been no difficulty as yet in leasing high-priced suites in the Houses to next year's Sophomore class, it was learned yesterday from A. C. Hanford Dean of the College. Although the assignment of rooms in the House units to members of the class of 1935 has not yet been completed, practically all the available suites in Dunster, Eliot, and Lowell Houses have been taken, and all but 21 Freshmen now in residence in the Yard have applied for accomodations in one of the units.

Dean Hanford expressed the belief that all the Freshman room applications will have been acted upon by the end of next week, but added that a large number of changes would necessarily have to be made in the assignments before the new men take possession next September.

Speaking about the status of men who fail to get into the House of their first choice, Dean Hanford advised that they put their names on the waiting list of that House, since a considerable number of vacancies will inevitably occur in all the units before September. The same would, of course, apply to men who are not admitted to any of the Houses.

Asked if there is any possibility that room rents in the higher brackets would be lowered in the event that they cannot be rented at prevailing rates, Dean Hanford replied that each year there are a number of expensive suites in the University which are left vacant because no one has been willing to engage them. It is quite possible that more high-priced rooms will be vacant this year than usual, because of the Depression, but it remains for the Corporation to decide whether or not there will be any alteration in room rents," he concluded.