PI ETA PLAY TONIGHT AT 8

First Public Cambridge Performance of "Highflier" in Club Theatre."

The first public Cambridge performance of "The Highflier," this year's Pi Eta Society play, will be given in the club theatre this evening at 8 o'clock. The book and lyrics are by H. B. Sheahan '09 and A. S. Olmsted '09, and the music is written by A. C. Tilton '10. On May 3 the play will be presented in Haverhill, and the final performance will be given on May 5 in the Pi Eta theatre. Tickets at $1.50 each may be obtained at Herrick's, Leavitt & Peirce's, and Amee's, or by applying to M. W. Morrill '09, Hampden 32.

The play is well presented this year and has plenty of action in it. The lyrics are unusually good and are full of catchy phrases. The music, melodic and simple, is the best that the Pi Eta has had for some years. Some of the best songs might be mentioned as "The Dago Song," "Amble with me in my Aeroplane," and "The Message of the Moon." The topical song, "It's only a Local Custom," has some very humorous verses, and is well sung. The dancing, and especially the pony ballet, is worthy of notice.

Of the actors, J. R. Benton '08 is the star, with a funny part and clever acting. P. C. Squire '11 and B. C. Voshell '11 as the two Italians play their parts well. W. D. Owen, as Marietta, the heroine, realized all his opportunities. The whole cast is working together well and shows the result of its two weeks' practice in public.

The cast is as follows: Martini, keeper of the castle,  B. C. Voshell '11 Maraschino, his wife,  P. C. Squire '11 Senator Tanner, of Montana,  W. B. Day '10 Sue, his daughter,  H. F. Boynton '11 Marietta, the lost daughter,  W. D. Owen '11 Beethoven Bismarck Zimmerkuchen, Sue's tutor,  L. H. Baker '11 Mehitabel Mussell, Sue's tutor,  R. D. Morse '11 Richard Webster, Sue's tutor,  H. G. Tomlin '09 Jehosophat Jones, Sue's tutor,  D. S. Hays '11 The Count Spaghetti,  J. R. Benton '08 Two Italian Women.

Pony ballet, show girls, etc., E. A. Allen '11, W. P. Browne '11, W. H. Butler '10, M. B. Carpenter '10, J. H. Davis '10, J. F. Dewey '09, O. C. Dow '11, R. P. Duning '11, J. M. Foster '11, W. E. Hearn '11, H. H. Heath '11, F. M. Hector '10, G. C. Kiskaddon '10, G. N. Lyon '09, H. Morse '10, A. D. Neal '10, A. S. Olmsted '90, R. H. Patch '10, R. P. Pope '10, A. L. Smith '11, P. M. Smith '11, R. Warren '10, F. E. Waterman '10, G. B. Wilbur, 2d, '11.