Radcliffe Basketball Team Wins First Game of Season

Sports Illustrated

10 SECRET RECIPES TO MAKE YOUR BALLPLAYER MORE ROMANTIC

* * *

THE BOSTON CELTIC FASTBREAK: They Score Each Time ... But Is There Adequate Foreplay?

* * *

A NEW YORK MET WIFE'S COMPLAINT: "How Could He Find The Strike Zone When He Couldn't Even Find My Erogenous Zone?"

* * *

NEW SEX TRICK TO ENTICE ATHLETES: Dab Some "Gatorade" Behind Each Eor!

* * *

SLUGGER'S WIFE CONFESSES: "He Lacked Home Runs ... Because I Lacked Hermonesl"

A REVIEW OF "FIVE EASY PIECES"

After losing four in a row, the Radcliffe varsity basketball team finally won its first game of the season, in a comfortable 42-20 victory over Emmanuel College, Saturday morning.

This was the 'Cliffe's first home game of the season and also the first women's varsity basketball game ever played at the IAB.

"We wanted to prove to the editors of Mad magazine that we're not really the 'Five Easy Pieces' they've pictured us to be," said coach Perla Hewes, following the game. Mad mentioned the Radcliffe team in a movie parody in its current issue.

Six-foot forward Debbie Woods was the offensive and defensive stand-out of the game, scoring 14 points and hauling in 13 rebounds. Other scorers were: Betsy Munnell with 11, Kathy Allyn with 6, Jane Elliot with 5 and Kathy Schoonover, Dardy Robinson and Betsy Inskeep with 2 points each.