SCRUBS PROVE EASY FOR TEAM A

Casey Drops Field Goal Over From the 35-Yard Line.

Three days of hot weather in succession led to an easy session of practice for the University football team yesterday afternoon, the coaches giving the men only three-fourths an hour's scrimmage. Yet even in this length of time the first squad secured a total of 16 points against a 0 for the scrubs. The first score came soon after the opening of the tussle when Casey secured a field goal with an excellent drop-kick from the 35-yard line. This is the first time that he has tried any dropkicking this season. He was also given some work with the punters earlier in the afternoon and showed a good deal of promise.

The first string men were in the scrimmage only a few minutes and during the greater part of that time were kept on the defensive.

The second score for the University players came soon after the substitutes had been sent into the line-up. After a hotly contested scrimmage near midfield, Hartley got away on a forward pass from Minot, scoring the first touchdown. A few minutes later another forward pass following a short punt by the scrubs again put the A squad in a position to score, Minot carrying the ball across the line on a ten-yard end run. Horne kicked the goal, completing the score for the University team.