Shooting Practice Begins Today

Practice for the University shooting team will begin this afternoon at the traps on Soldiers Field; and from now on the grounds will be open for practice every Tuesday and Friday during the season.

The interclass shoot will be held immediately after the April recess. Each team will be composed of five men, who will shoot at 50 birds, thrown at an unknown angle with a rise of 16 yards from a Sargent system trap.

F. R. Appleton '07, J. R. Gilman '09, and S. Cobb '10 have been appointed captains of their respective class teams. The captain of the Junior team will be appointed later.

The shoot for the novice cup will be held shortly after the interclass shoot, and in this meet each man will shoot at 100 birds, in four strings of 25 each. A championship handicap shoot will also be arranged toward the end of the season. Weekly shoots, both handicap and scratch, will be held after the spring recess, and a schedule of matches with clubs in the vicinity of Boston is being arranged to precede the dual match with Yale and the intercollegiate meet, which will take place about May 15.

The following members of the University team of last fall will be eligible this spring: Captain N. C. Nash '07, J. R. Gilman '09, J. L. McVickar '08, H. S. Powers '07 and L. Thomas '09.