SOPHOMORE B SUPREMACY UPSET BY SENIOR EIGHT

CHANGES IN BOAT SEATINGS TO BE MADE SOON

The Senior eight stroked by S.W. Swaim '31 upset the supremacy of the Sophomore B crew stroked by James Lawrence, Jr. '29 by defeating the latter in a slow mile and three quarter race in the Charles River Basin yesterday afternoon.

In the first fifteen strokes the Junior eight took the lead over the other two crews, but by the time the half-mile mark was reached the Sophomores had gained the lead, closely followed by the Seniors. At the Harvard Bridge the Senior eight raised the stroke and pulled steadily ahead of the Sophomore crew till they had a length's margin at the finish line. The Juniors took the third place when the Seniors jumped into the lead at the bridge, and dropped behind slowly to finish a little over a length behind the Sophomore eight.

A strong following wind kicked up waves which rather handicapped than aided the crews accounting for the winning crew's requiring 10 minutes 22 seconds to cover the course.

These three University crews will continue with the same seating with the exceptions of a continued exchanging of strokes in the races during the next week. Several oarsmen are expected to be elevated to the University squad before the spring vacation.