Suspension of Privileges of Yale Freshman Class Is Becoming a Habit--Snowballs Destroy 1928 Dorm Windows

Suspension of the privileges of the Yale Freshman class for disorderly conduct is becoming an annual performance. A window-breaking snowball contest, which resulted in the samshing of almost every window in the Freshman lormitories Tuesday morning, recalls a similar display on the part of "Yale year lings" last spring when a street riot resulted in damage to property. In both cases the University ban followed promptly.

The recent tumult started with a snowball fight on last Monday evening. The excuse given was that the examination period is in full swing and that Monday evening was for most Freshmen a night off. A large number had gathered on the Freshman campus. Challenges and witty remarks generated into the throwing of a few snowballs and shortly an open fight. The campus police appeared and quelled the riot.

But only temporarily. Early Tuesday morning, snowballing began again and the barrage did not cease until practically every window in the 1928 halls was accounted for.

University action followed immediately. In the official notice of the suspension, the authorities called the incident "the most unwarranted bit of vandalism that has ever been effected by the student body."

In the incident of last spring, the suspension of privileges did not involve such hardships because the school year was well on toward its close. Whether the present action by the Yale authorities will hold for all of next semester is not known as yet.