WINTER SPORTS SERIES WON BY SMITH HALLS

Scores Twenty-Four Points to Nineteen Each for Gore and Standish--Name to be Engraved on the Dormitory Shields--Leads in Numeral Men.

For the second time this year Smith Halls have won the Freshman interdormitory athletic series, and as a result will have its name engraved under the heading "Winter 1921" on the three permanent dormitory shields which have been placed in the common rooms of the three Freshman Halls. This winter Smith scored 25 points, winning first place in basketball and track, second place in hockey, indoor baseball and squash tennis and third place in squash racquets. Standish and Gore tied for second place, each getting 19 points, with two firsts, two seconds, and three thirds. Standish won first place in hockey and squash tennis, second place in track and squash racquets, and third place in basketball and indoor baseball, while Gore tied Standish with first place in indoor baseball and third in hockey, truck and squash tennis.

Smith received 5 points credit towards the championship because it had the most numeral men on the winter sport teams, basketball, hockey and wrestling. Gore ranked second in numeral men with Standish a close third.

The winter sport series is made up of six contests and the rating awarded for numeral men. First place counts 5 points, second place 3 and third place one point.

The points scored by the three dormitories during the winter season were as follows:   Smith  Standish  Gore Basketball  5  1  3 Hockey  3  5  1 Track  5  3  1 Indoor Baseball  3  1  5 Squash Tennis  3  5  1 Squash Racquets  1  3  5 No. of Numeral Men  5  1  3 Total Points  25  19  19