THE FUNERAL OF AGASSIZ.

BY the faithfulness and good taste of those appointed for the work, the College Chapel was very fittingly decorated for the funeral services of Professor Agassiz, yesterday afternoon, and to their Committee the thanks of the Undergraduates are due, for it met with some unforeseen hindrances.

The laurel cross and wreaths surmounting the black hangings, behind and above the pulpit, and the dark drapery festooned along the galleries and caught up alternately by boughs of evergreen and by calla-lilies, gave to the whole Chapel an air of mourning, and yet of hopeful and of almost triumphant mourning, which every one there must have felt to be most appropriate. The form of service used at King's Chapel - the one which Agassiz himself preferred, we believe - was read by the Rev. Dr. Peabody. The singing, under the direction of Mr. Paine, was by the Glee Club; they sang, and very impressively, Cherubini's Pie Jesu, and a hymn for which the music was composed by Mr. Paine. In the seats reserved for the family and friends there were many distinguished men, who had come from distant parts of the country to pay the tribute of their presence to the memory of Agassiz. At the conclusion of the short and simple service, the body was carried to Mount Auburn, where a burial service was read by Dr. Peabody. The number of people in the Chapel was very great; but, owing to the good arrangements of the Committee, there was no crowding or confusion, and the perfect silence of the large assembly was a good evidence of its grief for the death of Agassiz, and its earnest wish to pay him the last sad honors.

THE Glee Club and Pierian Sodality gave a concert last (Thursday) evening at the Brookline Town Hall, and were, as usual, very well received by a good audience. The Pierians fully came up to the high standard they set for themselves last year, and the Glee Club sang even better than usual. Encores were numerous, and every one appeared to be perfectly satisfied, except, perhaps, the treasurers of the two societies.