Brevities.

THE annual supper of the undergraduate members of the B K Society will take place at the Parker House, Thursday, May 8, at 8 P. M.

ALL boats occupying rests which have not been paid for will be sold at auction on Saturday, May 3, at the boat-house. There will be five or six six-oared boats, and a large number of others, including single and double lapstreaks. The hour of the sale has been fixed at 10.30 A. M.

SOME members of the II H Society will give a theatrical entertainment in Brookline next Tuesday evening. The programme will consist of the travesty Fra Diavolo, and the farce A Cup of Tea. No one need hesitate to purchase tickets for fear of "the powers that be," as the performance is not given "in the name of Harvard students."

A MATCH game of base-ball was played on Jarvis Field on Monday last, between two Junior Nines, one selected from Brown's Club Table, and the other from Bixby's. The game was full of interest and excitement, and showed much individual good play. It was called at the end of the seventh inning, when the score stood: Bixby, 10; Brown, 7. Mr. C. T. Tyler was captain of the former, and Mr. H. H. Crocker of the latter Nine.

THE interest evinced in the Gray Heliotypes on their first appearance does not seem to decline. More than four thousand prints have been already sold by the Curator alone.

Those who have expressed a desire to see the originals of these prints will be gratified to learn that, through the efforts of the Curator, a large stand will be placed in the Library, by which means some thirty or forty can be examined at once. It is proposed to leave on exhibition the works of one man for a space of some two weeks, thus affording an excellent opportunity for an analytical study of them.

THOSE who exercise on the river will be glad to learn that the following distances are stated accurately: From the Boat House to the third bridge the distance is I 3/8 miles; from the third bridge to the Union Boat House, 2 miles; from the Union Boat House to West Boston Bridge, 3/8 of a mile; from West Boston bridge to East Cambridge bridge, 1/2 a mile; from the Brighton bridge above the Boat House to the first bridge below, 1/2 a mile; from the Boat House to the Watertown Arsenal, 2 3/8 miles.

MR. GEORGE S. SILSBEE, stroke of the Junior crew, recently had the misfortune to dislocate his arm, which accident rendered it necessary for him to withdraw for a time from College. It is very much to be regretted that he will be unable to fill his place in the crew when he returns. The Freshman crew have sustained a similar loss in A. B. Twombly, whose position in the boat was No. 3. It was not ascertained in precisely what part of his body he was injured, but it was supposed that a cord or tendon had been strained.

AT a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Freshman Base Ball Club, held last Wednesday, it was voted to send a challenge to the Yale Academic Freshmen for May 17.

DR. PEABODY will shortly issue a treatise on Moral Philosophy. It is expected that the class of '77 will study it in place of that antiquated book, Champlin's Ethics.

THE Pierian Sodality would like to procure a second-violin player. Those desiring to apply for the position are requested to present themselves for trial at the next meeting, Tuesday, May 4.

THE Gray collection has been increased by a very valuable set of Turner's "Liber Studiorum." This set consists of seventy-one plates, of which thirty-two were among those found in Turner's house after his death. It is through the kindness of Mr. Norton that they were secured. The price paid was 170 guineas.

THE Corporation has granted Nos. 29, 30, 31, and 32 Hollis to be used as society rooms by the II H. The alteration of the rooms will begin immediately after Commencement.