THE NEW PUBLICATION.

THE date which was at first set for the publication of the historical album of the University (if it may be so called), it is found, does not afford time for the thorough preparation of all the subjects coming within the scope of the work. Moreover, new subjects have come up which should not be overlooked, and which demand more time than could be given them were the book to appear in June.

The facts which bear upon the various subjects are very numerous and are scattered in pamphlets, histories, biographies, old magazines, newspapers, the Corporation and Faculty Records, and other places; to gather them from these sources requires more time than was anticipated.

Again, as many of those engaged in writing for the work have expressed a desire that its publication should be postponed for a few weeks, it is therefore deemed advisable to defer the publication until the latter part of the vacation, and arrangements have been so made. The value of the book, it is believed, will be so much increased by this step as to make amends for the delay.