THEODORE FISKE STIMPSON

DIED at his home in Boston, October 19. It was with deepest sorrow that we heard of his unexpected death. There is always something very sad and solemn in the death of a young man; for he is taken away at the very time he is making ready for life's hard battle, while he is full of hopes and plans for the future, and while his dearest friends are expecting some fruit from him in return for their long labors of love and training. But a death like his is especially sad, because he was himself endowed with a strong sense of right, with reverence towards his Maker, and with an unceasing love for his parents. He was noble, refined, and manly. His loss is deeply felt by all his friends.

The following resolutions have been passed by the Sophomore Class:-

Whereas, It has pleased Almighty God to remove from our midst our friend and classmate, THEODORE FISKE STIMPSON, -

Resolved, That, recognizing in his death the hand of a Divine Providence, we yet deeply regret and mourn the early close of so promising a life.

Resolved, That in the death of our classmate we mourn the loss of a faithful friend and true Christian.

Resolved, That we would hereby offer his family our sincere sympathy in this their great affliction.

Resolved, That a copy of these resolutions be sent to his family, and also that they be inserted in the College papers.

Resolved, That the badge of mourning be worn for the usual time.