THE BOAT-CLUB THEATRICALS.

THE theatricals in aid of the Boat-Club, given last evening in Boston, at Union Hall, by the Sophomores, were among the best of their kind. The hesitations and accidents were unusually few, and, except the decapitation of a war-steed, at which critical moment the presence of mind of Sir Guy saved the day, no serious casualty occurred. Mr. Urquhart made a very pretty girl, and Mr. Wright an imposing queen. Darnley's part was played gracefully and well, and that of the rollicking King of the French admirably taken; and in fact, all did so well that to particularize would be unjust. The airs were a little old; but, altogether, Seventy-nine may congratulate themselves on having successfully presented a bright and amusing play before an audience even fuller and more "swell" than these theatricals generally have. We notice that Mr. Grant did not appear, his part being left out. The play last evening was "The Field of the Cloth of Gold." This evening and to-morrow afternoon the Seniors give the burlesque "Fair Rosamond." We would again remind students that this is the last year the theatricals can be given, and that, if they wish ever to see them, now is their last opportunity. Tickets can still be obtained from Mr. Harwood. All the money cleared goes for the support of the crew. When the fund from the theatricals falls short, the deficiency must be made up by subscription; and we shall then be called upon to make payments for which we shall get no such pleasant extra return as is afforded by these entertainments.