THE STRAWBERRY-NIGHT OF THE EVERETT ATHENAEUM.

THE Everett Athenaeum took leave of their rooms last Saturday evening, and their farewell was made the occasion of a "Strawberry Festival," which was in reality a supper. The usual routine of such occasions was pleasantly varied, and a large number of toasts were responded to. Mr. Gooch was elected toast-master of the evening; and after the past and present officers of the society had been called upon, many of the members also responded, including those of the first ten from '81 who were present. The appearance of Mr. Wheelan and Mr. Redding, who have contributed largely to the success of the stage of the society, was the signal for hearty applause. Mr. Ranlett answered to the "Records," Mr. Jones to the "Committee," and Mr. Fowler to the "Pipe." Mr. Weimer paid a tribute to Mr. Gillette, the former president. The Pierian Sodality was responded to by Mr. Talbott, and the Crimson and Advocate by Mr. Bradley and Mr. Pennypacker. Happy responses were made by Mr. Stow for the Crew, and by Mr. A. Perry for the committee on the supper. After the last toast, "Ourselves," had been appropriately answered by the president, Mr. Woodbury, the exercises were brought to a close in the customary pleasant way, and the rooms were handed over to the class of '81.