THE SENIOR CLASS ELECTION.

THE election of officers of the class of '81 took place last Monday evening in Lower Boylston, and proved eminently satisfactory. Mr. W. R. Thayer, Chairman of the preliminary Committee, called the meeting to order, and Mr. Seaver read the resolutions drawn up by the Committee. The nomination of Mr. G. A. Burdett for Chairman of the meeting was unanimously ratified, and also that of Mr. C. A. Coolidge as Clerk. The balloting then began for the office of Secretary, and after an informal vote, in which Mr. C. R. Sanger received a large majority, he was elected by acclamation.

For Orator, Messrs. Guild, Jones, Roberts, and M. S. C. Wright were nominated, the first named being elected after three ballots by acclamation.

Mr. Dazey was elected Poet by acclamation.

Messrs. P. Evarts, Cohen, and Lummis were the nominees for Odist, and Mr. Evarts was chosen by acclamation after the first ballot.

For Ivy Orator, Messrs. C. Sprague, Worcester, and Jones were the candidates. Mr. Jones fell out on the second ballot, and Mr. C. Sprague was elected on the third.

Mr. G. A. Burdett was then made Chorister by acclamation.

For the Class Committee, Mr. J. W. Suter was elected Chairman by acclamation. Messrs. Free-land, Howard, R. C. Sturgis, and Wade were nominated for second place. The first named withdrew after the informal ballot, and Mr. Sturgis was elected on the third. Mr. Freeland was then chosen to fill the third. place by acclamation.

Mr. E. D. Brandegee was elected First Marshal by acclamation.

After the storm of applause had died out, Mr. E. W. Atkinson was elected Second Marshal by acclamation.

For Third Marshal, Messrs. Folsom, Hammond, W. R, Thayer, Otis, and Squibb were nominated. The last two withdrew after the informal ballot, and Mr. Hammond after the third, Mr. Thayer being elected on the fourth.

Messrs. Folsom, C. A. Coolidge, and Adams were nominated for Chairman of the Class Day Committee, and the first named was chosen after the first ballot.

Messrs. Barton, Howard, Squibb, Seaver, Thorndike, and R. Sturgis ran for second place on the Committee, Mr. Barton being successful on the third ballot.

Messrs. Squibb, Howard, Godkin, and R. Sprague were up for third place, and Mr. Squibb obtained the office on the third ballot.

After cheers for '81 and for the Chairman, Mr. Burdett, the meeting broke up at 11.10 P. M. being acknowledged by all as unanimous, orderly, and satisfactory as the class could desire.