BREVITIES.

THE Borsair has a bicycle.

THE University Crew rows daily at 4.45.

THIRTY-TWO men sing in the College choir.

OVER 130 men are taking instruction in singing.

THE Spring Races take place Saturday, May 17.

SHOT-GUNS can now be bought at No. 3 Stoughton.

THE H. P. C. theatricals took place last Friday evening.

THE Seniors at Boston University will not observe Class Day.

IT is true that one of the Greek courses is an elective in music.

THE Lacrosse Club will go into training soon after the vacation.

THE Arion Quartette has several engagements for the recess.

ALL the Class Crews will remain in Cambridge during the recess.

THE Finance Club will not probably give any more lectures this year.

THE Sophomore and Freshman nines play the first Tuesday after vacation.

PROFESSOR PALMER has given up his house and taken rooms in Stoughton.

THE Sophomore Crew were out on the river for the first time last Saturday.

AN examination in Natural History 4 will be held immediately after the recess.

FRESHMEN are reminded that prayers will be discontinued during the recess.

THE Class Crews will not draw for positions on the river until the day of the race.

THE Senior, Sophomore, and Law School crews were on the river on Saturday.

THE substitutes for the crew, Messrs. Hooper and Lee, are rowing daily in a pair oar.

F. H. ALLEN, '80, will be coxswain of the Junior Crew, and will also coach twice a week.

SEVERAL members of the Freshman Crew have been seen recently breakfasting at the Holly Tree!

UNION COLLEGE is giving to women the same sort of instruction that has been offered by Harvard.

PRESIDENT ELIOT will deliver the address at Smith College next Commencement.

MR. OXNARD, '82, the candidate for the coxswain of the University Crew, weighs 112 pounds.

COLLEGE papers are beginning to circulate the statement that Harvard is now open to women.

A NEW Deanery and a Refectory are to be erected in the spring at the Episcopal Theological School.

MEMORIAL HALL will be kept open during the recess. Allowance will only be given for temporary absence.

MESSRS. Peabody, Crocker, and Bancroft are coaching the Crew, relieving each other every two days.

BESIDES the names already published, the following are candidates for the '81 Crew; Swan, Markham, Snelling, F. P. Brown, and Holder.

A RUMOR is current among the members of the Law School that their crew has a sure thing on the Class Races. Pht, keep it dark!

THE Crew are rowing at present in the following order: Schwarz, stroke; Smith, 7; Brigham, 6; Stow, 5; Jacobs, 4; Otis, 3; Brandegee, 2; Trimble, 1.

THE University Nine will remain in Cambridge during the vacation. They will play the New Bedfords Fast Day, and the Bostons, Saturday, April 5.

MR. PAINE'S next recital will take place on Wednesday evening, April 9, at 7.30. The programme will include two Sonates of Beethoven.

THE next lecture in the Natural History Society course will be given on April 3, on "A Common Origin of Languages."

THE Sunday Herald published a long account of the Harvard societies in its last issue. The Index seems to have supplied the writer with most of his information.

THE portion of the President's Report relating to scholarships has been republished in separate form, and will be distributed among those who have been misled by Mr. Higginson's logic.

THE Freshman ball nine will play the Yale Freshmen, April 26, at New Haven, and May 24, at Boston. The third game, if one is necessary, will be arranged hereafter.

LAST Friday evening the Everett Athenaeum gave Arthur Sullivan's "Cox and Box," and a comedy translated for the society from the German by A. R. Marsh, '81. The entertainment was largely attended.

COLUMBIA students lost $700 by betting on Harriman.

THERE have been cases of death by starvation among students in Russia.

THE architect of Sever Hall has recovered his health, and work will now be pushed forward as quickly as possible.

SCOUT. I'm mighty sorry that I did n't make your fire; but I tumbled down the steps of Grays and broke three ribs, and could n't get there on time. (Fact.)

PHILLIPS Exeter Academy is the only leading preparatory school for Harvard that has not adopted the recommended system of Roman pronunciation of Latin.

SCENE, a game of clumps. "Is it in a work of fiction?" "Yes." "Written at the beginning of the Christian era?" "Yes." ABSENT-MINDED MAN (eagerly). "Is it in the Bible?" (Fact.)

NOTWITHSTANDING the report in the Herald and other newspapers, the day for the races between '82 and the Columbia Freshmen has not yet been appointed. Capt. Bartlett has written to Columbia, asking them to send representatives to meet him and Mr. Goddard, on some day hereafter to be named, at New London in order to make necessary arrangements. This meeting will probably take place during recess.

PLEBS! hold aloof!

For the Borsair has a bicycle;

Clings to it close as an icicle

Stuck to a roof!

THE list of Professors who have consented to give instruction in the proposed University for women appeared in the Woman's Journal, and has been widely copied. The list, however, was made without any authority, and is quite incomplete. With hardly an exception, the Professors regard the new movement with favor, and all those whose other duties will allow them are willing to give instruction, and some even offered their services gratuitously.