BREVITIES.

AN iron fence is to be put round the Delta.

THE list of rooms will be out to-morrow morning.

GROUND will be broken next week for the extension of the Library.

THE foot-ball team is practising daily back of the Scientific School.

THE "Knickerbocker Club" will appear in costume for the first time on April 11.

THE University Nine will play the Lowells at Lowell on Fast Day, April 13.

THE Rifle Club will have their monthly prize match tomorrow, if the weather permits.

A NUMBER of French books relating to Professor Norton's courses in Fine Arts have been received at the Library.

EMBERS of the Sophomore class who want extra copies of the Class Songs can obtain them at 32 Holyoke or 10 Weld.

SOPHOMORES who anticipated the Constitution of the United States may learn their marks to-morrow morning at the secretary's office.

SUBSCRIPTIONS to the University crew can be paid, and lockers can be obtained at 27 Holyoke, on Saturday morning between 9 and 10 A. M.

PROFESSOR PAINE'S recitals will be discontinued during the next week, but will be resumed on the second week, with vocal and instrumental help.

ANY who desire to have their rooms photographed can have them done reasonably by Mr. Lewis, 33 River Street. The rate charged is $3 the half-dozen.

THE University crew have met with a great loss in their stroke, Mr. A. P. Loring, '78, who has been compelled to give up rowing for the present by advice of his physician.

DURING the coming spring the Athletic Association intend to have on every Saturday a few scrub-races, in order to keep the men in good training, and in order, also, to get some idea of the relative merits of the contestants before the summer meeting.

THE first of Professor Norton's course of readings from Dante took place last Thursday evening. The first two readings are from Vita Nuova, as introductory to the Divina Commedia. The readings will continue every Thursday evening in Harvard Hall.

THE success of the H. H. Graduate entertainment at Salem has resulted in many pressing invitations, both personal and through the Salem press, for a second visit. It is probable, we learn, that the graduates will accept.

JUNIOR Themes due this month: April 11, Section IV.; April 18, Section I.; April 25, Section II.

Junior Forensics due this month: April 11, Section II.; April 18, Section III.

ALL members of the Dining-Hall Association intending to go into training this spring who would like to join an eight-dollar training table at the Hall, with dinner at one (or thereabouts), and a late tea, will please leave their names at the Auditor's office at once.

WE are requested to state that as soon as the repairs on the boat-house are finished, no one will be admitted who is not a member of the University Boat Club. Any one wishing to join the club can do so by calling at 30 Thayer. Old members can obtain keys at the same place.

THE following books have been left in the Gymnasium, and await their owners: 1 Chauvenet's Geometry; 1 Peirce's Geometry; 1 Chauvenet's Trigonometry; 1 Maclean's Horace; 1 Campbell's Rhetoric; 1 Johnson's Herodotus; 2 Todhunter's Algebras; 1 Smith's Greece.

IT is reported that an association has been formed in college, the members of which style themselves "The Highland Flings." This association will appear, on April 11, in short socks and Scottish kilts. Students may register their names, and see specimens of plaids at 25 Holworthy.

FOR the purpose of identification, and to prevent the intrusion of unauthorized persons, it is ordered that all students of the University shall, upon their first visit to the Gymnasium, exhibit to the Superintendent the Bursar's certificate.

CHARLES W. ELIOT, President.THE subscription-list for the University crew shows, up to the 6th April, the following results:-

Subscribed. Paid.

Class '76 . . $187.00 $40.00

Class '77 . . 569.00 200.00

Class '78 . . 626.00 141.00

Class '79 . . 823.50 236.50

-------------- ----------------

$2,205.50 $617.50

TRUMAN HEMINWAY, Assistant Treasurer.FOR the benefit of those who have electives in French, and others, we insert the following: The French Dramatic Company is to give eight evening representations and four matinees, at Beethoven Hall, commencing April 18. Subscription price for the course, $15. Subscription-list open at Schoenhof and Moeller's, 40 Winter Street, until April 15. The plays will chosen be from the following list: Le Demi-Monde, Les Pattes de Mouche, Les Crochets du pere Martin, Les Domestiques, Monsieur Alphonse, Les Femmes Terriribles, Le Testament de Cesar Girodot, La Petite Marquise, Le Sphinx, Le Marquis de Villemer, Quete a Domicile, Les Deux Sourds, Les Brebis de Parnurge, etc.