A NEW COURSE OF LECTURES.

AS neither of our esteemed contemporaries has seen fit to take notice of the new course of lectures given under the auspices of the Young People's Club of the First Parish, the Crimson takes the liberty of giving the programme, with the usual comments, which the writer conscientiously endeavored to make in the style of our esteemed contemporaries.

The course began last Wednesday with a lecture on "Egypt," by Professor J. P. C - Ke, illustrated by the stereopticon, - the lecture, not the professor.

[Comment. Professor J. P. C-ke is the highest authority in the land on chemistry, in particular, and on mineralogy, in general. His world-widely far-famedly book, "The New Chemistry," is known from one end of the Freshman class to the other.]

Professor C-ke's lecture will be followed by one on "An Unearthed People," by Professor C. H. T-y, to be given in the vestry.

[Comment. Professor T-y is unquestionably, assuredly, and immeasurably the highest and loftiest Hebrew scholar of his age. He stands head and shoulder above his contemporaries and the men of his age. In the name of the students of Harvard College, ay, in the name of the people of Cambridge, we offer thanks for this golden opportunity of listening to Harvard's greatest Oriental linguist and Hebrew scholar.]

On Thursday, March 31, there will be given in our beloved Boylston Hall a lecture on "Some Examples of Greek Art," by Mr. Louis D-er, illustrated by the stereopticon, - always bearing in mind that it is the lecture which is illustrated, and not the lecturer.

[Comment. Mr. D-er is indisputably and without contradiction the foremost champion of Greek progress in College, remembering, of course, that the other instructors in the Greek department have equal claims on our recognition. He stands, indubitably and without any doubt, at the head of all the younger instructors, and we venture the prediction that his lecture will prove a powerful stimulus to all lovers of art. Fine arts men, we hope, particularly, will turn out and show that Harvard indifference is a myth!]

On Wednesday, April 6, Professor Chas. L. J-cks-n will lecture on a subject to be announced. This subject to-be-announced will undoubtedly prove the most charming, witty, entertaining, and brilliant lecture of the season. We risk our predicting reputation on its profound success.

[No comments.]