DRAMATIC AND MUSICAL.

Rossi and Mlle. Rhea, both failures in the East, are very popular in the Western cities.

An exchange speaks of "Screaming Mary Anderson as about to appear in Boston."

The Lord Chamberlain has forbidden the performance of "Divorcons" and "Nimche" in London. The very, very pure young man may soon prohibit some of Shakespere's plays.

Miss Martinot goes to London with the Boucicault Company.

When the late war broke out it was predicted that the avenging Nemesis would some day come to wreak her vengeance on the quarreling brothers. It has come-Susan B. Anthony will appear on the stage, next season, as Rosalind, Viola and Juliet. Shades of Neilson!

A New York manager is endeavoring to induce Mr. Theodore Tilton to play Pauline to Anna Dickinson's Claude.

Mr. Haverly will build a theatre at Salt Lake City. What delightful matinees.

Mlle. Bernhardt says that the enthusiasm of the Russians is about as warm as their climate.

Mackaye predicts that Miss Belle Archer will make the greatest Hazel Kirke yet seen.

The hero of the new play, written for Nat. Goodwin, is a bootblack who attains the summit of his ambition - night clerk in a hotel.

English audiences refuse to be interested in plays with Irish plots.

Mr. Franz Rummal was warmly received in Dresden and Leipsic.

Little Corinne will soon appear as Eva in "Uncle Tom's Cabin."

The average New York critic seems to have as much understanding of what the "OEdipus" means, as Sophocles would have of "Joshua Whitcomb."

Several old plays will soon be revived at the Museum.

Miss Marion Elmore, one of the most graceful and popular soubrettes on the stage, will next year appear in legitimate comedy.

"Odette," Sardou's play, is a success everywhere; the theme is old and worn, but it is presented in new and attractive drapery.

A dramatization of the very worst of Black's novels, "Madcap Violet," is being produced in London.

Signor Salvini, Jr., will make his American debut as Duhamel in "Article 47."

Buell, of '83, Yale, has written an operetta entitled "Penikese, or Cupid and Cuisine;" it will be produced in April.

A critic, speaking of the Boston Ideals, says that the company are too familiar, and introduce too much extravagant by-play; they seem to be constantly thinking of "Pinafore."

Mrs. Clarke has published an excellent biography of the Booth family.

Clara Morris will soon appear in a series of special matinees at the Madison Square.

Mr. George is a social lion in New York. It is said that he has decided to become a stock actor.

"Hazel Kirke" is to be translated into German.

Catherine Lewis has left the Comley-Barton Company. Marion Hood, an English girl, takes her place.

Last night Lawrence Barrett produced a new play in New York, entitled "Pendragon," written by a Western journalist.