COLUMBIA-PRINCETON FOOT-BALL MATCH.

The first game in the college championship was played Wednesday afternoon, on the Polo Grounds, between Princeton and Columbia. The game was a foregone conclusion, and it only remained to be seen how badly Princeton would beat their opponents. Princeton kicked off, and scored a goal in less than a quarter of an hour. Another touchdown and goal soon followed, and still another. The fourth goal was scored by a kick from the field, making a score of 4 goals and 1 touchdown in the first half. in the second another touchdown was made by Princeton, but no goal. In a few minutes another goal from a touchdown, with a short fight on Columbia's part, before another touchdown and goal were scored. A touchdown was then scored, but a miss at goal made. Place kicks were then tried at goal, but in vain, and one more touchdown and goal were scored. Score: Princeton, 8 goals, 3 touchdowns; Columbia, 0. The teams were as follows: Princeton - Rushers, Riggs, Haxall, Fleming, Bird, Peace, Flint; half-backs, Baker, Morgan, Toler; backs, Moffat and Harlan. Columbia - Rushers, Eldredge, Darling, Octaviano, Knapp, Fishburne, Cowles; half-backs, Seaman, Sherman, Griffin; backs, Rapallo and Morgan.