REDUCED RATES.

The negotiations for reduced railroad rates did not result so favorably as was hoped up to Saturday P. M. The "railroad pool" renders it impossible to secure anything but moderate reductions to all the points to which many members of the Co-operative Society have signed as intending to go. By all (members or not) who are going to or via New York city, a saving of two dollars each may be made on the all-rail trip to New York and return over the Boston and Providence R. R., if fifty-five round-trip tickets be taken, and if they be taken at one time. Since over fifty signed for New York last week, an arrangement has been made by which all may pay for their tickets before tomorrow (Tuesday) P. M. at seven o'clock. If the required number pay, the tickets can be had on Wednesday A. M.; if not, the money will be refunded at that time. Each person paying and signing should state the length of time he will be away. To members of the society not going to or passing through N. Y. there will be allowed, on presentation of membership ticket at Sheldon's ticket office, 276 Washington street, Boston, a discount from the regular fare nominally greater than others can obtain. Each member will be able to purchase as many tickets as he desires, and non-members can secure from the undersigned the same advantage. The reduction from the regular fares to several important points is as follows: Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Louis (without change), and Cincinnati (on a rebate), $2.00; Decatur, Ill. (shortest route), Cleveland and Indianapolis, $1.00. A. A. WATERMAN.

DEC. 18, 1882.