SOPHOMORE CLASS SUPPER.

The sophomore class supper at the Revere House last Saturday night was attended by a large and enthusiastic body of '84 men. At about half past-seven the doors were thrown open and about one hundred and twenty-five men took their seats at the table. A quartette, consisting of Messrs. Eliot, Howe, McCagg and Woodward, gave some selections, after which Mr. Minturn, the orator of the occasion, responded to the toast of the class of '84. His speech was well received. After another selection by the quartette Mr. Chapman read the poem. He made many amusing hits at various members of the class. The reading of the poem was interrupted by frequent bursts of laughter and applause. Mr. Mumford then read the ode amidst great enthusiasm. Then the toast-master, Mr. Goodwin, gave toast after toast, all of which received apt replies. The toasts were as follows:

"Crew" - E. A. S. Clarke.

"Nine" - W. I. Keep.

"Foot-ball" - F. A. Mason.

"Cricket" - L. A. Biddle.

"Mott Haven team" - T. J. Coolidge, Jr.

"Class records" - G. A. Stewart.

"Glee Club" - L. B. McCagg.

"Pierian" - T. M. Osborne.

"Drama" - H. F. Mandell.

"Lampoon" - L. E. Sexton.

"Crimson" - W. W. Mumford.

"Advocate" - E. A. Hibbard.

"Echo" - W. C. Sturgis.

"Herald" - C. C. Allen.

"The ladies" - Allen Curtis.

Besides the singing by the class solos were given by class solos were given by Messrs. Woodward, McCagg, Thorndike, Hilliard, Clarke, Howe, Minturn, Cobb, Ford, Butler, Pendleton and Mandell. The occasion was thoroughly enjoyed, and the supper was a complete success. After nine enthusiastic cheers for '84 the class dispersed. The thanks of the class are due to the members of the committee of arrangements and to the president of the class for their efficient management.