SPORTS AND PASTIMES.

The "Albert Sidney" crew won in the recent races of Washington and Lee University.

The Cornell crew attend the Lake George regatta, to take place on the Fourth of July.

A two day's cricket match between Oxford and the "M. C. C.," began Thursday in London.

The next convention and shoot of the N. Y. State Sportsman's Association will be held at Niagara Falls.

An extra $100 has been offered to each member of the Detroit Club by the mayor of the city in case they win the championship of the league.

Prof. Geo. Goldie gave an exhibition in gymnastics at Princeton recently with sixteen students, which was said to have been highly successful.

Yachting is becoming an exceedingly popular pastime at Yale. Numerous regattas have been held by the college yacht club there during the past month.

A fifty miles bicycling race for the road championship of the United States is announced to be held on the road around Druid Hill Park Lake, Baltimore, Md., on Saturday, July 8, starting at eight o'clock in the morning.

Mr. John Francis Clark, who in the judges' box at Epsom declares the winners of the Derby and Oaks, has occupied for thirty years this position. His father and grandfather held it for forty-six years before him. It is expected that he will be succeeded by his son.

Lovers of yachting will be interested in an illustrated paper on "The Evolution of the American Yacht," by S. G. W. Benjamin, in the July Century. It is said to show the growth of the sailing-vessel, from the Dutch "pink" and the invention of the first schooner by an American in 1713, down to the present time.