ADMISSION TO THE H. A. A. MEETINGS.

EDITORS HARVARD HERALD: The managers of the H. A. A., who have generally conducted affairs most admirably and successfully, have, in the opinion of many, shown some indiscretion in setting so high a price as announced upon reserved seats for the ladies' days of the winter meetings. This is a considerable advance on the price of tickets last year, when an excuse was made of heavy expenses incurred for repairing the track on Jarvis field and for fitting up the meeting-room in the gymnasium. But now that there is a handsome balance in the treasury of the association, we fail to see why the former money-making scheme should be persisted in and improved upon. This proceeding is at the best somewhat questionable, and we hope that the higher price has not been determined upon simply because the managers think they can get it. They should remember with what disfavor the project of charging extra prices was regarded last spring in the base-ball games. We should be sorry to observe any attempt at extortion in a college organization whose chief end should never be to make money, or to have it lay itself open to the suspicion of such a design.

IMPECUNIOUS.