INTER-COLLEGIATE BASE-BALL CONVENTION.

The fourth annual meeting of the Inter-collegiate Base Ball Association was held in Springfield yesterday. Mr. Maxwell of Dartmouth called the meeting to order, the following delegates being present: Amherst, W. Z. Stuart, W. F. Wilcox; Dartmouth, A. A. Maxwell, F. M. Douglas; Brown, S. S. Greene, A. T. Wall; Harvard, A. Crocker, W. H. Coolidge; Princeton, J. S. Harlan, T. R. Wadleigh; Yale, A. Hubbard, C. H. Yates. The championship for 1882 was formally voted to Yale, and the secretary directed to forward to them the pennant.

The following named officers were then chosen for the season of 1883: President, Yates; vice-presidents, Crocker, Greene; secretary and treasurer, Harlan. The rules of the faculties of Harvard, Yale and Princeton, making it impossible to arrange games at Hanover, Princeton, Harvard, Brown and Amherst tendered their resignation, but Dartmouth, in order to prevent complications tendered its resignation, which was accepted and the former resignations were tabled. The Spalding league ball was again adopted and the Spalding League Base-Ball Book is again to print the college records, constitution, record of meetings, etc.

The following important change was made in the constitution:

"Art. VIII. ???1. The association shall at its annual meeting appoint 20 umpires. The secretary shall obtain the addresses in full of each umpire and publish the list in Spalding's Base-Ball Guide. ???2. The visiting club, not less than seven days before each game shall submit to the home club the names of seven umpires, none of whom shall live in the city of the visiting club or be an alumnus or undergraduate of either college. The home club shall produce one of the seven umpires on the ground in season for the game; in case of non-compliance with this section the umpire shall be chosen by the visiting club. The umpire shall be paid a fee of $15 and expenses."

The following named umpires were then appointed: Kelly. McLean, Calahan, Fulmer, Quinn, Tilden, Cronin, Powers, Reach, Cross, Bradley, Donovan, Doneliy, Gardner, Jackson, Kennedy, Burlingame, Eldridge, Lynch Reipschlager, and the secretary was directed to confer with Secretary Young of the league in regard to seven more names.

The playing rules of the league for 1883 were then adopted, with these exceptions: 1. that the foul bound catch shall be out. 2. That a batsman may call for a "high" or "low" ball. The following schedule of games was then arranged, the home club being named last in each case:

May 5, Harvard v. Brown.

Amherst v. Yale.

May 11, Brown v. Amherst.

May 12, Harvard v. Yale.

May 14, Harvard v. Amherst.

May 18, Harvard v. Princeton.

May 19, Harvard v. Princeton.*

Yale v. Brown.

May 23, Brown v. Harvard.

Princeton v. Amherst.

May 24, Amherst v. Princeton.

May 26, Yale v. Harvard.

May 28, Brown v. Princeton.

May 30, Yale v. Princeton.

Amherst v. Harvard.

June 1, Princeton v. Harvard.

June 2, Princeton v. Harvard.*

Brown v. Yale.

June 4, Princeton v. Brown.

June 6, Brown v. Harvard.*

June 8, Amherst v. Brown.

June 13, Yale v. Amherst.

June 19, Yale v. Princeton.

June 20, Harvard v. Brown.*

June 21, Yale v. Harvard.*

June 26, Harvard v. Yale.*

The Princeton-Yale games and the first Princeton-Amherst game will be played in New York. If necessary Harvard will play a fifth game with Yale on the Polo Grounds the day after the Yale race.

* Exhibition games.