The New School at Groton.

A new school has lately been added to the number of those preparatory institutions which greatly help to swell the incoming classes at Harvard. Last week witnessed the dedication of what is to be known as the "Groton School," an academy situated at Groton, in this state. The new school is to be supported on the income of $100,000 lately raided by subscription. and, of course, also by the tuition fees received. The land on which the buildings are situated comprises what was formerly known as the Edmund Blood farm, and is the gift of Messrs. James and Prescott Lawrence. The association of gentlemen who are charged with the management of the school's affairs intend to make the new institution the equal, in every respect, of the best of our preparatory academies. Like St. Mark's school, at Southboro, and St. Paul's, at Concord, is to be an Episcopal institution The site is all that can be desired in point of healthfulness and beauty, and when all the contemplated buildings have been erected the school will present a most attractive appearance. At present only the main building has been completed, but a chapel and a structure for additional recitation rooms are soon to be put in process of construction. The completed structure is of the English style of architecture, built of brick, with a slated roof. Within its walls are recitation rooms, dormitories, refectory, lavatory, masters' rooms, etc., all very conveniently arranged. About 30 pupils are now in attendance, and the school opens its initial year under the best of auspices.