Eighty-Five.

RULES FOR CLASS ELECTIONS.The committee of arrangements for class elections have drawn up the following rules for the meeting :

1. The meeting will be held on Thursday, October 23, at 7. P. M., in Boylston Hall.

2. The committee have unanimously chosen Mr. W. A. Halbert as chairman, and Mr. E. T. Sanford as clerk of the meeting.

3. All members of the class, past or present, and members of the Scientific school, who are candidates for the degree of A. B., in 1885, will be allowed to vote and will be eligible to office.

4. Every officer is to be voted for separately. All nominations shall be made viva, voce, and shall be recorded on the blackboard by the clerk, but votes cast for persons not so nominated shall be counted. Speeches for or against candidates are unconditionally prohibited.

5. All voting shall be secret, check lists being used. The class shall vote in eight sections and at eight separate polls. Voting by proxy shall not be allowed. Whenever a candidate receives a majority of votes cast on a formal ballot he shall be declared elected.

6. The first ballot for every officer shall be informal. A motion to make this informal ballot formal will be out of order. After the second ballot, all but the four candidates receiving the largest number of votes shall be dropped, and the candidate receiving the smallest number of votes shall be dropped after each successive ballot.

7. The class officers shall be elected in the following order : Secretary, first marshal, second marshal, third marshal, orator, poet, oddest, ivy orator, chorister, class day committee.

The committee have appointed tellers, two to each section, whose names are given below.

In conclusion, the committee wish to say, that, so far as they know, no concerted action has been taken on the part of any of the societies, or of the non-society men in the interest of any probable candidate.

The committee beg every man in eighty-five to remember that the officers elected, however contrary to his own wishes will represent the desire of the majority of the class ; and that therefore it is only gentlemanly to acquiesce in the result of the elections with the best possible grace and to do everything in his power to make the class day of eighty-five a pleasant and successful one.

J. E THAYER, Chairman.

G. F. DAVIDSON, Secretary.

J. J. COLONY,

A. T. FRENCH,

E. T. SANFORD.

THE SECTIONS ARE :Section 1, Alderson to Brandt.

Section 2, Bridge to Crocker.

Section 3, Curtis to Hansen.

Section 4, Harrington to King.

Section 5, Larrabee to Norton.

Section 6, Noyes to Seavey.

Section 7, A. W. Sim to Tilton.

Section 8, Trask to Young.

THE TELLERS ARE :For section 1, Aldrich and Boyden.

For section 2, Carpenter and Crocker.

For section 3, Dunham and Goodale.

For section 4, Holland and Holmes.

For section 5, Litchfield and Mills.

For section 6, Parker and Sartelle.

For section 7, W. W. Smith and A. E. Strong.

For section 8, Whiter and F. H. White.