The Intercollegiate Tournament.

HARVARD LOSES BOTH SINGLES AND DOUBLES.

The tennis tournament at Hartford was continued yesterday before an interested audience. The courts, as on the previous day, were in poor condition, not having been used for a year. Columbia, Wesleyan and the University of Pennsylvania failed to send representatives. The second round in the singles resulted as follows : Sears beat Howe of Lehigh, 6-3, 6-1; Taylor beat Hamlin of Trinity, 6-2, 6-5; Brinley of Trinity beat Chase of Amherst, 6-4, 6-4; Knapp of Yale beat Conover of Princeton, 6-2, 6-1. In the third round Knapp beat Sears, 6-4, 1-6, 6-1, and Taylor beat Brinley one set, 6-2, and the score was 1-1 on the second, when Taylor fell and broke or twisted a tendon of his wrist and the play went to Brinley by default. The finals in the singles between Brinley and Enapp were very exciting. The first set stood seven to seven when time was called on account of darkness. In the doubles the Harvard team beat Phelps and Chase of Amherst, 6-2, 6-3; Knapp and Thorne beat Conover and Moffat of Princeton, 6-4, 6-2; Brinley and Hamlin of Trinity beat Garfield and Duryea of Williams, 6-1, 6-2; Davis and Howe of Lehigh beat Danielson and Richmond of Brown, 6-5, 6-3. Second round, Harvard beat Lehigh, 6-0, 3-6, 6-3, and Yale beat Trinity, 6-5, 6-3. In the finals for doubles, on account of the injury to Taylor's wrist our pair were compelled to default to Messrs. Knapp and Thorne of Yale, who therefore won the championship in doubles for 1884-85.