The Crew.

If this year's crew learns to row it will be fast, for, judging from appearances it will have strong men in it. The candidates are Goddard, '92, Jones, '92, Upham, '90, Perkins, '91, Longworth, '91, Winthrop, '91, Hartridge, '90, Nelson, '93, Watriss, '92, Pulsifer, '90, Lothrop, '90, and Herrick, '90. Besides these are Tilton '90, Hutchison '90, and Finlay '91 who all rowed in the crew last year, but for various reasons are not rowing just at present. Although the river is open the crew is at work in the gymnasium on account of the influenza. They simply row a few strokes on the machine every day and afterwards take a long run. There is some danger that it will be hard to get a boat to suit the crew; for a great deal of the weight will be toward the stern. There seems to be no good stroke at hand except Goddard who weighs 180 pounds. It is likely that another very heavy man will row No. 6, so that there will be room for the boat builder to use his skill in trimming the boat. The stroke will be modified a little in theory this year and a great deal in appearance. There was very little uniformity or precision in last year's crew and the new crew will no doubt have something of these qualities. The only place where the stroke will be really changed is at the finish which will be shortened considerably and the oars taken out in a different manner.

Mr. Keyes has been coaching a great deal lately with considerable success.