Harvard Dinners.

A GRADUATE'S OPINION ON THIS PHASE OF COLLEGE LIFE.

From the advance sheets of a series of papers soon to be published, containing the college reminiscences of a graduate of '75, we borrow the following extract, which seems to be particularly pertinent at this time of the year, when the long series of class and society dinners is about to be inaugurated. "And no account of the social life of a Harvard undergraduate can be complete which fails to lay due stress upon that most enjoyable of all customs, the Harvard dinner. It is with surprise that the senior looks upon the picture in whose frame are carefully stuck the menus of the many dinners at which he has been present during his four year's course: he can hardly conceive how the collection grew, from the single souvenir of some dinner of his training school alumni, to the imposing array of class, society, and other "spread cards" which now confronts him. But with each card goes some story of jollity: it was at that dinner that Jack sung his new song: this card commemorates a dinner in honor of a Yale race won by our glorious crew: and so on, through the list."