NOTES.-LIBRARY NOTICE.

The Council of the Library has directed that Gore Hall shall be closed hereafter at half an hour before sunset; and at 5 o'clock, when that hour is more than thirty minutes before sunset.

FORENSICS.The number of subjects upon which students are expected to be prepared at the time of the final examination is reduced from six to four.

The Forensic Instructor is prepared to meet any who desire advice about choosing or preparing topics, about their personal difficulties in the art of composition, or about any other topic that properly belongs to the Forensic work. The hours for such consultation are Monday, 2.30 to 3.30; Wednesday, 10.30 to 11.30, 2.30 to 3.30. The place is alcove 25 in the University Library.

SOPHOMORE THEMES.Theme 2 will be due on Thursday, December 18, Subjects: 1. A translation of a passage from some German or French novel. 2 My favorite Poet, and Why I Like Him. 3. Dr. Johnson as a Literary Dictator. 4. The Lords and the Commons.5. "Chinese"Gorden.6. The Value of Foot Ball as an Athletic Exercise. 7. What Markes a Man Popular at Harvard?