The Dartmouth Library.

At Dartmouth College two fine and much needed buildings, namely, a library and a chapel, are now in the course of erection. During the summer of 1883, the Hon. Edward Ashton Rollins of Philadelphia proposed to build a chapel at the cost of $30,000, provided that twice that amount should be raised from some source for a library. In the mean while, Halsey J. Boardman, Esq., late of Providence, R. I., informed the trustees that it would be in accordance with the known wishes of that gentleman that his legacy of $50,000, when paid, should be used for the erection of a library building. The proposition was satisfactory to Mr. Rollins. The library is of brick and Longmeadow red stone, tasteful and convenient, and strictly fireproof, capable of holding 165,000 volumes. The college library now contains 65,000 volumes, well selected. It is surpassed by not more than three college libraries in this country, and is rapidly growing under the system of careful selection, and is undoubtedly the best library in New England north of Boston and Cambridge.-[News.