DR. HOLMES AT THE NEW MEDICAL SCHOOL.

A Boston letter to the Chicago Tribune gives the following bright description of Dr. Holmes and the Medical Students. It says: "The most popular man in the Cedical School is Dr. Oliver wendell Holmes, though he is no longer an active member of the faculty. The genial "autocrat" cannot stand entirely aloof from his first love, and almost every month he pays a visit to the doctor mill on the Back Bay. Some of the younger professors think that Dr. Holmes is pretty far behind the times-"an old fogy, you know" but the boys have no thought for them when the old doctor comes in sight, trying to steal unseen through some open space. Applause and shouting bring the doctor to a stop. The bright, strong face lights up with a happy smile, the white head bows to the youthful top-knots, and the slight, straight figure, bearing very easily the weight of seventy-five long years, tries to steal away again. But it won't do. The boys must have a speech, and the doctor submits. How he brightens and sparkles! No dry remarks on anatomical subjects, no learned dissertation on medical principles. Only a talk with the boys, reminiscences of the college's earlier days, happy hits and flings, and then good-by until another month has passed."