PRINCETON DEFEATS HARVARD AT LACROSSE-2 TO 1.

The Harvard twelve left Cambridge on Friday afternoon on their trip to Princeton. The game was called on Saturday afternoon immediately after the conclusion of the Dartmouth-Princeton base-ball game. The Princeton men won the toss and chose the shady side of the field with the wind at their back. The ball was at once rushed towards Harvard's goal. The defence proved equal to the occasion and the ball was sent flying back towards Princeton's defence men. Neither side seemed to have any great advantage. Both sides made several pretty tries for goal, but wide of the flags. In this way the play was continued for forty-nine minutes at the end of which time Egbert tipped the ball through Harvard's goal.

after a short rest, Playing was resumed. Again the Princeton men were fortunate, for Blakemore, getting a fair shot at ten years, threw a pretty line shot, which scored the second goal for the Priceton team. Time 23 minutes. On changing sides again, Harvard showed up better and continued to force things more than at first. But princeton still made many desperate attacks on their goal. While the ball was being played in the centre of the field, Churchill, '86, threw a beautiful overhand shot, sticks were checked, and the ball unmolested went through the Princeton goal on the first bounce. About eleven minutes had been taken to score this goal and only seven more remained before the hour and a half were up. The play of Harvard was very vigorous in an attempt to tie the score and so prolong the play. theme, however, was called before anything more was done.

Both sides played a pretty game and one pleasing to watch. The work of both teams was very steady, as the long time between goals and the smallness of the score show. for Harvard all the men seemed to play well. the defence seemed to play a little loosely at times and to this may be attributed, perhaps, the opportunities given to princeton to score, but Princeton certainly showed great quickness in charging in and passing in attacks on goal. In the Harvard attack, the throwing for goal did not seem to be accurate enough, several chance being lost in this way. The game was refereed by Mr. A. T. Skerry of the N. Y. U. the Harvard team were: Easton, goal; Reuters, point; Goodale, cover point; Williams, Bradford and Churchill, defence; Drake, centre; Henning, Foundy and Noyes, attack; Hood and Woods, homes.