THE TERCENTENNIAL CELEBRATION OF THE FOUNDING OF EMMANUEL COLLEGE.

Emmanuel college, one of the numerous colleges which go to make up the University of Cambridge, will, about the middle of next month, celebrate the three hundredth anniversary of its foundation. This event will, of course, be of much less importance than the recent celebration at Edinburgh, but it is, nevertheless, one in which Harvard is particularly interested. For it was at Emmanuel that John Harvard obtained his college education, and from which he came direct to America to preach to the Puritan colonists. It was also the alma mater of Henry Dunster, the first president of Harvard College. The name itself of Cambridge came after them from the old to the new seat of learning. It was still comparatively young-50 years old-when the New England college was founded, and was the Puritan centre of learning. Many of the early New England clergymen got their training there. All these reasons tend to bind Emmanuel and Harvard together. On account of this friendly interest, Professor Norton, who sailed for Europe last week, has been asked to represent Harvard at the approaching ceremonies, which will take place upon the fourteenth of June.