BASE BALL.

HARVARD WINS HER SEVENTH GAME IN THE INTERCOLLEGIATE SERIES.

HARVARD WINS A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME FROM PRINCETON.An enthusiastic audience of about 1,000 people assembled on Jarvis field yesterday to see the longest and surely one of the prettiest college games ever played. The game opened soon after four o'clock with Princeton at the bat. They were put out quickly, in one, two, three order. For Harvard, Phillips took lirst base on balls, after two men were out, and scored on Edward's muff of Harlan's throw. LeMoyne reached first base on balls; Moffat tried to catch him playing off, but first baseman muffed the ball, giving him second and sending Phillips to third. Tilden hit a hot grounder to right field but was prettily fielded out at first, leaving two men on bases.

Second inning. Princeton, by three singles, a two baser and Tilden's error, succeeded in making four runs, three of them earned. Harvard went out in order.

In the third inning, Princeton went out in order. For Harvard, after one man was out, Baker reached third base on a hit, a passed ball and a steal, but failed to score. Harvard 0, Princeton 4.

Fourth inning. For Princeton, Cooper took his base on balls; Shaw hit a grounder to Coolidge who touched second and threw the ball to Smith, making a pretty double play. Reynolds made a two-base hit but Vanetten fouled out to Phillips, leaving him on second. For Harvard, after LeMoyne had struck out, Tilden made a pretty two-base hit, and took third on a passed ball. Allen hit a grounder to Vanetten, who threw the ball home, but failed to prevent Tilden from scoring. Allen stole second, but the next two men went out, leaving him on base. Score, Princeton 4, Harvard 1.

Fifth inning. For Princeton, A. Moffat made a base hit and stole second; Edwards went out by Baker to Smith; A. Moffatt went to third. W. Moffat hit a very hot liner over third base, but Phillips caught it in splendid style, and touching his base made a double play, the prettiest play of the game. For Harvard, the first two men struck out. Baker made a base hit and took second on a passed ball. Phillips hit a grounder to Vanetten who threw to first base. Moffat, however, muffed the ball, giving him his base; Baker, in the mean time, went to third, but Moffat picked up the ball and threw it to Vanetten, who caught him playing off.

Sixth inning. Princeton failed to score although Cooper reached first base on Baker's wild throw. Harvard made two earned runs in this inning on base hits by Allen, Smith and Nichols, Winslow's two-baser and Reynold's fumble, making the score 4 to 3 in Princeton's favor.

Seventh inning. Princeton was blanked, although A. Moffat made a base hit. For Harvard, Baker flied out to Reynolds; Phillips hit a pop fly which was muffed by Harlan, stole second, and took third on a passed ball, but LeMoyne struck out and Tilden flied out to Edwards and he was unable to get home.

Eighth inning. W. Moffat took first base on balls, but the next three men went out and he could not even reach second. For Harvard, Allen and Smith took their bases on balls; Winslow hit a grounder to third baseman, forcing out Allen and sending Smith to second. Nichols made a base hit and filled the bases. Coolidge flied out to centre field and Smith scored, tying the game. Baker went out on a pop fly to pitcher, leaving Winslow and Nichols on bases. With the score tied, Princeton went out in order in the ninth inning, and Harvard failed to score, although LeMoyne reached third base on Vanetten's wild throw and two steals.

The tenth inning began amid intense excitement. A Moffat took his base on Phillips' wild throw; Edmands hit a grounder to Baker, who threw him out to Smith and Moffat went to second. The next two men went out leaving Moffat on second. Harvard went out in order.

Eleventh inning. Both nines went out in order.

Twelfth inning. Reynolds, the first man at the bat for Princeton, made a base hit, and took second on Allen's only passed ball, but by sharp playing he was prevented from going any farther, and the next three men went out. For Harvard, after one man was out, Tilden made a base hit, took second on a passed ball, and third on a wild pitch. Allen flied out to Reynolds; Smith got his base on balls and stole second, but Winslow struck out leaving them both on bases.

Thirteenth inning. After one man was out, Harlan reached first base on Baker's muff; Toler fouled out to Allen; Cooper made a base hit, but Shaw went out by Coolidge to Smith, leaving two men on bases. For Harvard, Nichols made a base hit, but was forced out at second by Coolidge, who stole second. Baker fouled out to W. Moffat. While Phillips was at the bat Coolidge tried to steal third base, and Harlan, trying to catch him, made an overthrow and gave Harvard the winning run.

The audience, who were beside themselves with excitement, rushed onto the field in a body and carried off the victorious nine on their shoulders. Both pitchers played a splendid game, Moffat striking out ten men.

For Princeton, Cooper and Vanetten did especially good work in the field and A. Moffat and Reynolds did fine work at the bat.

For Harvard, Allen and Phillips played magnificently, and Smith did very well. Nichols and Tilden batted very heavily. On the whole the nine, barring their base running, which was pretty poor, played a sharp and brilliant game. may they do the same on Saturday in New Haven.

Below is the score.

PRINCETON.A.B. R. B. T.B. P.O. A. E.

A. Moffatt, p. 6 0 3 4 4 11 5

Edwards, 2b. 6 0 0 0 3 2 1

W. Moffatt, 1b. 5 0 0 0 10 1 2

Harlan, c. 5 0 0 0 10 2 2

Toler, c. f. 6 0 0 0 3 0 0

Cooner, s. s. 5 1 1 1 3 1 0

Shaw, r. f. 6 1 1 1 0 1 0

Reynolds, l. f. 5 1 3 4 3 0 1

Vanetten, 3b. 5 1 1 1 3 4 1

Totals. 49 4 9 11 39 22 12

HARVARD.A.B. R. B. T.B. P.O. A. E.

Coolidge, 2b. 7 1 1 1 6 4 0

Baker, s. s. 7 0 1 1 2 10 2

Phillips, 3b. 5 0 0 0 6 0 1

LeMoyne, l. f. 5 0 0 0 0 0 0

Tilden, r. f. 6 1 2 3 0 0 1

Allen, c. 5 1 1 1 7 0 0

Smith, 1b. 4 2 1 1 16 0 0

Winslow, p. 6 0 1 2 0 4 3

Nichols, c. f. 6 0 3 3 2 0 0

Totals. 51 5 10 12 39 18 7

Ing's. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Princeton, 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0-4

Harvard, 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 1-5

Earned runs-Princeton 3, Harvard 2. Two-base hits-Moffatt, Reynolds, Winslow, Tilden. Base on balls-Harvard 5, Princeton 3. Struck out-Princeton 1, Harvard 10. Passed balls-Harlan 5, Allen 1. Wild pitches-Moffatt 1. Left on bases-Princeton 7, Harvard 13. Time of game-2h., 50 m. Umpire-Donovan.