New Room of the Christian Brethren.

The new room of the Society of Christian Brethren in Lawrence Hall will be, when it is finished, the best equipped room belonging to a religious society in any college. The room occupies the whole ground floor of the wing of the building. It is shapely, high studded, well lighted and ventilated. The walls are handsomely decorated, and on the floor is a brussels carpet of pretty design. Also the new upright piano, just purchased, adds its share of beauty and utility to the room. In the front on Kirkland street is a large bay window, well draped, which is to contain a commodious window seat. One third of the room is curtained off for use as a reading-room. This part is to be furnished with a large table, several easy chairs, book-cases and window seats. In the reading-room there will be besides religious papers, several dailies from New York and Boston.

Compared with the old room of the society in Stoughton, the place now occupied is a palace. Its convenient situation and pleasant appointments will insure it an extensive patronage by members of the university.

D.