LOCKERS IN THE GYMNASIUM.

EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON. - I learn from the CRIMSON and other sources that the gymnasium authorities are busy putting new lockers in order to satisfy the ever-increasing want. All this time there are a great many lockers on the upper floor, and these are, as everyone knows, the most desirable lockers, which have been lying vacant ever since the beginning of the term. They have been bespoken by members of the university, and will undoubtedly be paid for, so that the management of the gymnasium cannot be blamed for the present state of things. The proprietors of these lockers do not occupy them themselves, they do not even take the trouble to lock them; and the result is that while many students are unable to obtain accommodations, there stand these lockers open and empty. The owners neither use them nor permit others to use them. Surely such a state of things is outrageous; and there ought to be some way to make those, who do not intend to use their lockers, give them up to men who would use them. On the other hand, men, who now hold lockers and intend to use them later in the year, should at least cease to harass the nerves of their less fortunate fellows by leaving their lockers open in the present wanton manner.