The Mott Haven Team.

The Mott Haven Team has been in light training for some time and the outlook for a good team this year is most promising. There are only five men of last year's team who have not returned to college, and while these were some of the best men, yet the other colleges have also lost valuable men. Sherrill and Carey, the great sprinters, are gone, and so have Mapes and Williams, the crack hurdlers. This leaves Harvard an excellent chance to figure prominently in the dashes and low hurdles. Then there is a first class man to throw the hammer, and there are several excellent middle distance men and some good milers. There are more candidates this year than ever before, and the freshman class has some good material. The team is now divided into four squads, which meet every day and go through weight-pulling, dumb-bells, and those who are runners practice starting and running on the board walk near the gymnasium. The men will probably not go into strict training before the middle of March and it is hoped that they will be at the training table six weeks, - that is two more than last year. Captain Cook is out again and will probably be able to run in a week or ten days.