The " Pot Pourri."

The " Pot Pourri" for 1885 has just been issued at Yale, and is, on the whole, very attractive. Among the illustrations so liberally distributed through it, the reader will be rather surprised to see some very familiar prints of the Illustrated London News, as, in a book of this description, the illustrations are supposed to be of student design. If this were the only respect in which the managers of the book had erred, it would be of little importance; but they have done something that looks very much like deliberate plagiarism. As one looks at the " eating club" illustrations, he is astonished to find that one on page 142, is merely a sifting together of the figures in two of Atwood's famous sketches in the Lampoon, without so much as a hint at the authorship of the design. As this looks suspicious, the reader will look over the book again, and lo ! on page 106, the young lady playing tennis will be seen to have been deliberately copied, line for line, from last year's " Liber Brunensis." One would think that Yale men, after their last year's experience, would feel particularly sensitive about a case of this kind, especially as it will surely detract from the merits of their book, which is in other respects, unique, handsome, and interesting.