Inter-Collegiate Athletic Association.

The annual meeting of the Inter-collegiate Athletic Association of America, as the recently adopted name now stands, was held in New York on Saturday last.

President J. M. Wainwright of Columbia presided. There were present as delegates; From Amherst, H. B. Perrine; Columbia, G. M. Gray, C. H. Mapes; Harvard, C. H. Atkinson, Wendell Baker; Lafavette, J. Lot Ludlow, C. H. Wells; College of the City of New York, Messrs. Hildreth and Kominsky; Princeton, J. C. Adams, H. B. Toler; Yale, H. S. Brooks, Jr., A. C. Thompson; University of Pennsylvania, D. B. Birvey, W. C. Pasey; Stevens, E. H. Munkwitz, Emil E. Cottiart; Lehigh, C. H. Tolman, Gilbert Badeau, president of the American Association of Amateur Athletes addressed the meeting. He begged that the rule whereby college men or graduates were chosen to serve as judges at the finish, should be annulled. He thought they were liable to be prejudiced when a close contest occurred, and thus injustice might be suffered by participants. The treasurer reported that $219.10 was the surplus in the treasury. May 23, at 2.30 P.M., was designated as the date for the next field meeting. The Manhattan Athletic grounds were chosen as the scene of the contests. The Association resolved to lay aside $50 annually for five years, the aggregate to be appropriated for the purchase of a new championship cup. The present championship emblem, at the expiration of five years, is to be awarded to the college which has won it the greatest number of times. The name of the association was changed from the Athletic Association of American Colleges, to the Inter-collegiate Athletic Association of America. It was decided that not college men, but members of any reputable amateur athletic association, should act as judges at the finish. Dartmouth was dropped from the association, she having failed to send contestants to the field meetings for three successive years. H. S. Brooks, Yale's champion runner, was elected president of the association for the ensuing year. Mr. Boehler of the University of Pennsylvania was chosen vice-president; J. C. Adams of Princeton, secretary; D. B. Birney of the University of Pennsylvania, treasurer; and C. H. Mapes of Columbia, and A. J. French of Harvard, members of the executive committee.