The Jones Reading.

The lateness of the hour at which last night's reading was finished prevents us from giving a detailed criticism of the recital. The reading was the best of the series. Difficult as it is to render Shaksperian comedy well, Mr. Jones showed himself to better advantage in interpreting the subtle and delicate fancy of the great master than he did in his previous readings, with the tamer and less exacting productions of Dickens and Longfellow. In the reading last night Mr. Jones seemed to feel greater sympathy for some of his characters than for others. The uneveness, however, if it existed, was but slight, and did not detract from the general good impression derived from the recital. Mr. Jones' series of readings has been an event in the aunals of the college. Its importance is to be shown by the good results it will bring about in furthering the study of dramatic art and the art of expression. It has been shown by Mr. Jones that the study of elocution is one in which the best qualities of a student, refinement and depth of mind, may be well employed. In this way the readings have been both a benefit to the students and credit to the great college under which they were delivered.