Fact and Rumor.

No mid-year marks will be given out in Philosophy II.

R. J. Clark, '91, is rowing with the university crew.

The marks in English A will not be given out until March 1.

The candidates for the university crew have commenced strict training.

Eugene Vincent Daly, '87, has been admitted to the bar at Albany, N. Y.

The Yale freshman crew is trying to arrange a race with the Columbia freshmen.

The winter meeting of the Phillips Exeter Academy will probably be held March 10.

The Freshman Glee Club held its first rehearsal since the mid-years yesterday afternoon.

It is said that Bates is to pitch for the nine of the Boston Athletic Club, and that ex-Captain Stewart of Yale will play second base in the team.

Professor Macvane will hold an oral examination in History 12 in about a month.

Mr. John T. Perry has been elected temporary treasurer of the Phillips Exeter Academy.

There will be an important meeting of the St. Paul's Society this evening. Election of officers.

Newell, '89, has returned to college after an absence of two or three weeks on account of illness.

The next smoker of the Bicycle Club will be held Wednesday evening, Feb. 20, at 45 Matthews.

This evening and tomorrow evening the Banjo Club plays at the Cadet minstrel entertainment at Music Hall.

J. Smith, G. H. Hunt, and Lewis have been appointed to the committee from '92 to select the trophies for the football team.

It is rumored that Mrs. Alice J. Shaw, the whistler, will accompany the Amherst Glee Club on its spring trip and appear in its concerts.

Hunt, the Yale outfielder, is spoken of favorably in connection with the New Haven professional nine, if one is formed in that city.

A cricket club has been formed at Bryn Mawr College, a college similar to Vassar. It has a large and active membership, as the girls take great interest in the game.

Owing to the withdrawal of Columbia, the proposed college league. to include Columbia, Cornell, the University of Pennsylvania and Lafayette, has been abandoned.

The following rule has been posted in the gymnasium at Exeter in the handball court: "No student shall play longer than twenty minutes at one time, if others are waiting to use the court."

The executive committee of the N. A. A. A. have adopted the following rule in regard to tug-of-war competitions: "Anchor man shall not use any device for holding the rope, but a belt may be used to protect the body. No knot or tie of any kind shall be made in the rope, nor shall the rope be passed more than once around the anchor's body."